Respite, Family Camp and Game Nights at Springhill Baptist
(info taken from: www.springhillbaptist.org)
Our Respite Care Program – Game Night!
- Game Night is for teens and adults with special needs. We play games, fellowship, socialize, participate in fun activities, share devotions and EAT! Everyone who comes should bring a favorite treat. We meet every month except July.
- Game Night is scheduled the first Friday of the month from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. in the Frays Mill Missions Hall. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed.
- Registration is not required, however, it is helpful to ensure there is not a change in schedule and most appreciated for planning purposes. For more information, contact Liz Banning at 434-985-5002 or send an email to specialneedsministry [at] springhillbaptist [dot] org.
Our Respite Care Program – Take A Break
- Take a Break meets every month October through May on the first Saturday of the month. Registration is required each month, but application forms need to be filled out only one time (unless basic information changes).
- Take a Break occurs at Frays Mill in the Missions Hall and the second floor from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed. Contact Suzanne McDonald at smcdonald82 [at] embarqmail [dot] com or specialneedsministry [at] springhillbaptist [dot] org.
- Jill’s House accepts children ages 6 to 17 who have diagnosed with an intellectual disability.
- Weekend respite program: drop off 7pm Friday evening and end with pickup at 6:00pm on Sunday evening. 1 or 2 night options
- Holiday Camps and Summer Camps
- Phone: 703-639-5660 and website www.Jillshouse.org
Camp Easter Seals, New Castle, Va
Weekend Respite Camp and Family Camp- offered various times in the year
March 21-23, 2014 (respite)
April 11-13, 2014 (Family Camp)
April 25-27th, 2014 (respite)
800-365-1656 or www.campeastersealsucp.com
Camp Holiday Trails
Offering an array of camp options serving children with special health needs
434-977-3781 or www.campholidaytrails.org