The Virginia Institute of Autism’s mission is to help people overcome the challenges of autism – and that’s why we’re challenging YOU to share a story of a challenge in your own life to help us spread the word about the Run for Autism 5K, coming up on April 18!
Here’s how it works!
Register to Run for Autism on April 18! www.runforautism5k.org
Shoot a video with the following three elements:
- Share your challenge story! For example, “My name is Jill Doe and I overcame the challenge of running a 5K in less than 30 minutes – a goal I’d had for years!”
- “I Run for Autism because I want to help other people overcome their challenges.”
- Challenge your friends and family! For example, “I challenge John Doe and Sally Smith to Share their Challenge Stories in the next 24 hours and Run for Autism on April 18!”
Post your video with a description like this (feel free to copy, paste and personalize!):
- “I challenge John Doe and Sally Smith to Share their Challenge Stories in the next 24 hours and Run for Autism on April 18! I’m running for autism to support the Virginia Institute of Autism, which helps children and adults in our community overcome the challenges of autism. Help people overcome their challenges by running or donating here: www.runforautism5k.org“
- Don’t forget to tag your friends so they know you challenged them, and tag Virginia Institute of Autism so we can like, comment and share your story!
Need ideas? Check out our Facebook to see some examples.
The more people who participate, the more people who will Run for Autism and donate to our 5K. The more people who support the 5K, the more lives we will change together on April 18!
THANK YOU for helping people overcome the challenges of autism!
Don’t have a Facebook? No problem! Share your video on Twitter, Instagram or email! Whether you tell your story over social media or in-person over coffee, just sharing the message about why you’re Running for Autism will have an incredible impact!