Outpatient Speech Therapy at The Virginia Institute of Autism offers comprehensive evaluation and treatment of a wide-range of communication disorders. Therapy focuses on increasing clients’ communication and independence while incorporating their strengths and interests. We utilize innovative, evidence-based treatment methods. 1:1 services take place at the outpatient clinic with family training and consultation as appropriate. Families are an integral part of the therapy team and are included in all aspects of the treatment process.
– Children diagnosed with autism or related disorders who have communication deficits
– Children without a diagnosis but with communication deficits in one or more of the following areas:
- Articulation- how speech sounds are produced
- Receptive language- language comprehension
- Expressive language- language production and use
- Pragmatic language- social communication
- Alternative-augmentative communication-
- Childhood apraxia of speech- difficulty coordinating and planning the motor movements needed to make speech sounds
Funding: Currently Speech Therapy at VIA can accept private pay clients only.
To learn more about autism and about VIA’s services, read our FAQ. To start a conversation with us, use the link to the right.