The Virginia Institute of Autism is seeking to hire a full time nurse. The VIA nurse administers basic health care and first aid for the purpose of providing appropriate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured children. They also perform the following duties:
- Collaborates with parents, students, health care providers, and/or other agencies for the purpose of promoting needed treatment, securing information and complying with legal requirements
- Monitors student immunization compliance by reviewing immunization records of every student, and takes corrective actions to comply with state mandated immunization compliance policies
- Monitors all student medications administered at the school level as prescribed by a physician for the purpose of ensuring compliance with state law
- Maintains a daily log of medication administered
- Responds to medical emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns
LPN required; RN preferred
Please click HERE to apply!