Whether we are teaching a child to communicate, giving a teenager the social skills to make a friend for the first time, or helping an adult live, work and play as an active part of the community, staff members at the Virginia Institute of Autism (VIA) dedicate their passion and energy to improving the lives of people with autism.
Our current openings are listed on the left sidebar. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay updated on employment opportunities.
Why Choose VIA?
The staff and leadership at VIA are committed to the core values of lead, create and change. Through the James C. Hormel School, Outpatient Behavioral Services and Adult Services, we meet individuals’ needs, no matter their age or where they fall on the spectrum.
We work in an inspirational environment and consistently seek excellence for our students, clientele, staff and leadership. We anticipate significant growth over the next five years in an effort to meet the growing needs of individuals with autism.
VIA received CARF accreditation in 2015 with the report noting that ‘the program staff training at VIA is superior’ and we are the ‘gold standard for the field.’ Charlottesville’s Children Youth and Family Services gave VIA the Family Friendly Employer Award in 2013.
VIA also offers a generous benefits package for full-time employees:
• Health Insurance (100% employer paid for employee only coverage)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental InsuranceHealth Savings Account (HSA)
• Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Supplemental Short-Term Disability, Accident and Cancer Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan with 4% employer match
• Payment for up to five days of unused leave annually
• Dental InsurancePaid General and Holiday Leave
Why Choose Charlottesville?
We are located in the heart of Charlottesville, Virginia, consistently ranked among the top places to live. Situated approximately 100 miles southwest of Washington, DC and 70 miles northwest of Richmond, Virginia, Charlottesville offers a wide variety of cultural, social and recreational opportunities.